Google Cloud launched its second cloud region** in India, after Mumbai, in Delhi-NCR (National Capital Region) on 15th July 2021. The additional facility expected to square up India’s fastest growing demand. Digital transformation upsurge, accelerated by the pandemic, is prompting global cloud computing companies to explore expansion possibilities. Amazon Web Services has already announced its second infrastructure region which will be commissioned in Hyderabad next year.Their Indian customer base is fast expanding. More players are expected to join.
Benefits of Google’s Second Cloud Region
- Low latency, less service disruptions and high performance of cloud-based workloads and data.
- Improved connectivity with the Google cloud network spread across America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Better service for regulated industries(e.g. financial, power generation, oil and gas) that have high requirement of disaster recovery solutions.
- More private connections with existing partners via interconnect.
- Improved business continuity and expansion with secure data connectivity.
ConclusionTechnology boost calls for speed and scale. The opening of a new Google cloud region is expected to increase the resiliency of the new generation application on the cloud.
PostscriptCloud based technology helps the businesses in many ways. Speed and resilience are the two most visible effects. To know more about how cloud based data improves business flexibility, check out our program @ https://online.ifheindia.org/.
Keywords #BDCA#Google Cloud# Technology#Cloud Region
Ayushman Baruah 2021. Google Cloud adds 2nd cloud region in country. Mint15 Jul 2021.
Identify any activity in your office (say telephone) which use cloud based technology. List out three areas where the efficiency has improved with use of cloud.
**Cloud region is the actual geographic location where public cloud data centers physically exist.